Saturday 18 December 2010

Print Adverts

Print Advert

There are codes and conventions when it comes to making print adverts, certain ways of creating them make them identifiable and straight to the point.
The Identity, the logo, is mainly always on the right of the advert, either bottom or middle, also this ident is never too big or flashy so that it doesn't take your eye away from the image.
The images used in print adverts are straight to the point, they represent what is involved in the program by showing relevant images that link with the program.
The graphics used in print adverts are simple so that they are not to vibrant and take away attention from the image.
There is always a small amount of text used in these adverts, they are meant for quick scanning and being able to pick up what you have seen within a second, so there is never to much text.
The text/title is on the oppersite side of the screen to the ident and contains the title of the piece, the website of the creator, the time that it will be shown and often a small caption to add more meaning.











































I am aware that some of these print adverts provided by Channel 4 are not documentary print adverts, however these are examples of the styles in which Channel 4 use.





Practice Adverts.
These are tests and will not be final products.















This practice advert was just to get myself used to making the posters and build my ideas up. Not much manipulation was done to this image, only giving the image a deeper saturation for more vivid colour. This advert does work however we need more of a set up image like my other ideas, having a set up image would have more of a affect.




More Poster ideas




















The idea for this poster was my first and I knew how I wanted it to look, however now its finished the poster doesn't look how I imagined and I will not be using this as the final piece. The manipulation was easy but I did not get my desired effect. This is good though because I'm now building towards a final poster which I know will work.





























This poster I made with the spoon I think looks the best, its simple but has all the information that the audience need, the image is high in saturation and exposure which brings more life to the image. The simplistic style of this poster sticks to the codes and conventions of Print advertising and is easy on the eye.


























I liked the composition of this image, the focusing is nice and soft, there are 3 different types/colours of chocolate to show some range and the image itself looks very appetising.








changes to the curves and saturation of the image to bring more life to the image, the layering of text and logos are being added.











changes to the logo position and changes in the text to give the advert a better composition and style.

No comments:

Post a Comment